- What is Prescribed Fire?
- Prescribed fire (Rx fire) is a safe way to apply a natural process, ensure ecosystem health and reduce wildfire risk.
- Conducting a Prescribed Burn in Georgia
Requires obtaining a burn authorization (burn permit) from your local GFC office. When you call, you will be asked for your name, name of the landowner of the property (if not the same), location of the burn, acres to be burned, the start and end times of the burn and the person/phone number to contact during the burn in case additional information is needed.
- Prescribed Burning Assistance
- The Georgia Forestry Commission offers prescribed burning services which include plan preparation, equipment loans and on-site assistance.
- Prescribed Burn Certification
- Certification courses are offered periodically throughout the year to individuals wanting to become prescribe burn managers and who meet the prerequisites.